Americans with Disabilities Act
Accessible Features at our Hotel
Graduate Hotels believes that hotel spaces should be accessible to all, regardless of sex, color, creed, or ability. Our hotel in Providence includes accessible features within our public spaces, amenities and guest rooms to help make everyone's stay enjoyable.
For additional information or if you require specific accommodations, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (401) 421-0700.
1. Guest Rooms
Graduate Providence offers accessible guest rooms and amenities to accommodate guests with disabilities. This includes:
- Bathtub grab bars
- Accessible bath
- Adapted room door
- Bathtub chairs available upon request
- Closed caption TVs
- Impairment aides available upon request
- Knock light available upon request
- Lowered electrical outlets
- Toilet grab bars
- Accessible bathroom vanities
- Roll-in showers available upon request
- Shower/bath bench or chair available upon request
- Accessible toilet
- Accessible light switches
- Lowered door viewport
- Guest room doorbell
- Television with subtitles or closed captioned functionality
- Audible emergency alarm for sight impaired guests available upon request
- Service animals allowed
- Pillow alarms available upon request
2. Public Spaces
Graduate Providence’s public spaces have been modified to accommodate guests with disabilities and meet the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This includes:
- Accessible elevators
- Elevator near accessible rooms
- Elevators with braille instructions
- The hotel entrance is accessible
- The restaurant entrance is accessible
- Registration desk is wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed in public areas
- Wide corridors
- Wheelchairs available
- Braille/large print used throughout the hotel
- Disabled emergency plan in place
Accessibility in our Digital Spaces
Graduate Hotels also believes that the web should be open to all, regardless of sex, color, creed, or ability. That’s why this website is built to conform to the web content accessibility guidelines set out in the WCAG 2.0 + 2.1 for the purpose of making this website accessible to everyone regardless of any disability. It is designed and built to work with assistive devices and applications like JAWS and VoiceOver.
There is no formal certification process or entity that recognizes the accessibility of websites. Those that conform to the recommendations of WCAG 2.0 + 2.1 (web content accessibility guidelines) do so as a commitment to accessibility and adhere to universally accepted standards around these principles. It does not represent a review or validation of conformance by W3C or WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative). Rather it is meant to promote accessibility on the web and indicate a claim of conformance to a specified level of WCAG.
This website was also built to comply with the most current rules of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title III, administered by the Department of Justice in the United States.
Testing for the website is conducted with a combination of manual testing and the use of the following tools: Wave by WebAIM, Koa11y, and browser color contrast checkers to ensure compliance is met in the WCAG level A or AA. Items found are flagged and passed onto a team of digital strategists, developers and editors based on the issue (be it content or a functional area of concern) to be corrected.
We rely on a proprietary methodology and development framework that delivers a Level A or AA compliance for WCAG 2.0 and 2.1. Alongside resources that are provided at the beginning of our audit process, we conduct regular checks to ensure that content updates and edits continue to the desired level of accessibility and reflects changes adopted by the WCAG.
We encourage feedback from users on how we can further improve accessibility to our website and/or any of our digital platforms by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Third-Party Sites
- Facebook accessibility policy - https://www.facebook.com/help/accessibility
- Twitter terms of service - https://twitter.com/en/tos