GRADUATE ROOSEVELT ISLAND FAQ
Here you’ll find answers to common questions we receive from guest and visitors to Graduate Roosevelt Island.
ATTENTION REGARDING COVID-19
Please be advised: All guests must provide proof of at least two doses of an approved COVID vaccine to use our Fitness Center.
What is Check-In/ Check-Out Time?
Check-in 4 p.m. Check-out 11 a.m.
What is the minimum age requirement to check in to the hotel?
Guests must be 21 or older to reserve a room at Graduate Roosevelt Island. All guests under 21 must be accompanied by an adult.
For security purposes, you will be asked to provide a valid government or state-issued photo ID at check-in.
The hotel will apply a $150 incidental hold on your credit card at check in, if there are no charges posted to your room during your stay, this hold will be refunded in 5-7 business days depending on your bank.
What is the Guarantee Policy?
Reservations must be guaranteed by a major credit card at the time of booking. A deposit equal to one night’s room and tax will be taken two days prior to arrival. If your room is being paid for by a third party, please email email@example.com and we will send over a credit card authorization form.
Will my card be charged at the time of reservation?
Your card will not be charged at the time of reservation, but we do charge a deposit equal to one night’s room and tax two days prior to arrival to the card provided at the time of booking.
If you use a debit/credit card to check in, a hold will be placed on your card for the full anticipated amount to be owed to the hotel, including estimated incidentals, through your date of check out and such. Provided you do not have any room charges or damages, the incidental hold will be released within 5-7 business days from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your card issuer.
What is your Cancellation Policy for Room Reservations?
Rooms must be cancelled 48 hours prior to check-in, so 4 p.m. EST (2 days prior to arrival) to avoid a cancellation charge equal to one night’s room and tax. Other cancellation policies may apply to special promotions or rates so please check your confirmation letter.
What is your Group Cancellation Policy?
Group reservations are subject to cancellation terms set forth in the Group Sales Agreement. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding group cancellations.
What is the Facility Fee?
All guestrooms are subject to a nightly Facility Fee of $35.00 plus tax per room night, which provides guests with the following services, amenities and added value offerings:
- Access to hotel Fitness Center (keeping in mind the Key to NYC Pass)
- Complimentary phone calls
- Morning Coffee or Tea in our Lobby Restaurant
- Complimentary Wifi
- Bicycle Rental
- 15% discount at Bloomingdales 59th Street
- Wellness Kit
- Complimentary pick-up/drop-off via shuttle van on Roosevelt Island from 8:00a.m.-10:00p.m.
What is your Pet Policy?
We are a pet friendly hotel*. In accordance with Graduate Roosevelt Island’s standard pet policy, a maximum of 2 pets are allowed. A one-time, non-refundable pet hosting fee of $50 per night per pet will be charged to the guest folio upon check-in. Additionally, guests will be held liable for any physical damage caused by their pet, whether in Guest Rooms or in Public Areas of the Graduate Hotel.
*The Presidential Suite is not pet-friendly.
Please note the following:
- You are prohibited from allowing your pets from loitering in the hotel’s public areas, including the areas where food is prepared and consumed and the fitness center,
- Pets must be attached to a leash at all times that the pet is outside of the guestroom
- Pets are not permitted to be left in guestrooms unattended,
- Guests must be present in order to receive Housekeeping service and the pet must be on a leash during these times, if pet is left unattended, housekeeping service will not be provided
- Should your pet be the cause of any guest complaints, the hotel reserves the right to charge an additional $250 disturbance fee per occurrence,
- Pet must be under 40lbs and we do not accept cats
- Guests will be required to sign a “pet waiver” form upon arrival.
What is your maximum room occupancy?
- Graduate King Rooms: two guests per room
- Graduate Double Queen Rooms: four guests per room
- Graduate Junior Suites & Premium Junior Suites: two guests, with select Graduate Junior Suites which can accommodate up to three guests by including a rollaway bed for an additional nightly charge of $35
- Presidential Suite: two guests
Do you have connecting rooms?
We have a limited number of Graduate King Rooms which connect to a Graduate Double Queen Room, which can accommodate a combined total of 6 guests.
There are also a limited number of corridor connecting rooms, consisting of a Graduate Double Queen Room, Graduate Junior Suite and Graduate Premium Junior Suite, which can accommodate a combined total of 8 guests.
Our Graduate Presidential Suite has a corridor connector to a Graduate King Room, which can accommodate a combined total of 4 guests.
If you require a connecting room, please note at the time of booking to ensure availability. Hotel cannot guarantee connecting rooms without advanced notice.
What is your smoking policy?
All rooms are completely non-smoking, including vaping devices. If guests smoke in their rooms, there will be a $250 Smoking Fee, plus taxes, per occurrence applied to your card.
How do I make a reservation at your restaurant or rooftop?
Reservations for Anything at All, our Lobby restaurant can be made via Resy, and Reservations for the Panorama Room can also be made via Resy. For any Food & Beverage related question or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Do you have room service?
The restaurant does not offer room service, but does offer To Go options, which can be ordered in advance.
Can I have a package sent to the hotel? What are the fees?
We accept packages that are sent to the hotel, which are stored in our package room. The fee is $10 per box for storage.
Can I store my luggage?
Luggage can be stored on premises while rooms are being prepared.
Does the hotel offer parking?
Yes, we offer Valet Parking which is currently $65+ applicable tax for Sedans and $75+ applicable tax for Larger SUVs for up to 24 hours per night of reservation, with no in/out privileges.
Self-Parking is also available at the Motorgate Parking Garage, which is located at the foot of the Roosevelt Island Bridge (0.7 miles from the hotel).